Azeclair 17% + Propolis
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 30ml
Reduces acne, soothes & heals skin
What it is: A serum combining power of 3 molecules - 17% Azelaic Acid derivative (Azeclair) that helps reduce acne and brightens skin tone, along with 4% Propolis Extract and 3% Matmarine (Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract) that together provide sebum regulating and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Why it's awesome:
- This lightweight serum is formulated with 17% Azeclair that effectively delivers 5% Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate (a glycinated derivative of Azelaic Acid). It helps reduce sebum, acne, & rosacea
- Paired with 4% Propolis Extract (EcoCert & COSMOS approved) that has excellent antibacterial & anti-inflammatory properties and helps reduce acneic lesions
- Also contains 3% Matmarine (Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract) that further boosts the sebum regulating properties of the serum. It decreases sebum levels and reduces appearance of pores
- The key ingredient (Azeclair) is sourced from Corum, Taiwan
pH: 5.0 - 6.0
Consumer testing results:
- 8 out of 10 subjects found reduction in skin oiliness in 4 weeks
- 8 out of 10 subjects saw reduction in active acne in 6 weeks
- 9 out of 10 subjects found reduction in skin redness & irritation in 8 weeks
Science behind this product:
Azeclair (Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, or PAD), a glycinated derivative of azelaic acid, offers all the benefits of azelaic acid, primarily acne reduction via oil control, skin clarification and anti-inflammation.
Environmental aggressors like UV & air pollutants may induce oxidative response in human skin. These aggressors can form peroxidated squalene, which in turn induces upregulation of inflammatory cytokines. PAD successfully downregulates the production of IL-6 and IL-8 (cytokine that regulates the immune and inflammatory response) to reduce inflammatory responses. PAD also imparts inhibitory effects on 5-α reductase activity and thus reducing sebum production, giving an oil-free skin.
This product also contains Propolis Extract, that is a very diverse product. At least 300 active compounds have been identified in Propolis, like, caffeic, ferulic, p-coumaric, benzoic acid, and cinnamic acid. Its antiseptic properties makes it a preferred ingredient for treatment of various skin infections, including fungal infections. Presence of flavonoids (pinocembrin and pinobanksin), phenolic acids (caffeic acid) and terpenes, give Propolis antiseptic & anti-fungal properties, making it very suitable for fungal infections and reduction of acne vulgaris.
For normal sebum production in our body, MC5R, a type of protein, is necessary. Disruption of MC5R results in decrease in sebum production. In an in-vitro study, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract has been shown to reduce MC5R levels by 36.6%, resulting in reduction in sebocytes differentiation and sebaceous lipid levels, hence reducing skin sebum.
Studies (in-vivo / in-vitro)*:
1. Azeclair: Studies has shown that Azeclair has significant effect in reducing active sebum follicles (-18.89%), follicular sebum secretion rate (-37.51%), as well as total sebum excretion rate (-37.47%) after 28 days of treatment.
2. Propolis Extract: In-vivo studies shows that Propolis Extract, when used at 4% (like in this serum) results in 60% reduction in acneic lesions after 30 days.
3. Matmarine (Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract): In a test, Matmarine reduced active sebum follicles by 9.5% and total surface by 27.2% which results in reduction in sebum (when used at 3% concentration, twice a day)
*studies conducted by respective suppliers
- AM & PM, after cleansing and hydrating with Hyaluronic Acid. Apply 2-3 drops. With a gentle circular motion, you can spread it all over your face.
- Although it is a lightweight formula that quickly sinks in, wait for 1-2 minutes before applying other serums or moisturizers.
- This is a fragrance free product (i.e. no external artificial fragrance has been added to this product), but Propolis imparts a characteristic sweet fragrance to the product. Propolis also gives a golden yellow/brown color to the product, which can change over time, without effecting the efficacy of the product.
Aqua, Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, Propanediol, Glycerin, Propolis Extract, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Gallic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sclerotium Gum, Pullulan, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Lactic Acid
1. Is this serum same as an Azelaic acid serum?
Yes. Azeclair, or Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate is a water soluble derivative of Azelaic Acid. The water solubility makes Azeclair easy to formulate and pleasurable to use without compromising on the benefits of Azelaic acid.
2. Does this serum help reduce Rosacea?
Yes. The anti-inflammatory and moisturizing effects of PAD, along with skin soothing benefits of Propolis, helps in reduction of Rosacea
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
My acne flared up even more as soon as i started using this. Can't tell if it just doesn't suit me or if it's purging, cuz I've been using salicylic acid since a long time now. Will update if i see an improvement. I find salicylic acid better than this tbh.
Still facing a little trouble of new acne appearing on face even after applying this serum for the past 20 days. It might take more time for acne to stop appearing I think!
Azeclair 17% + Propolis
Didn’t help me at all. No reduction in acne marks or fresh acne. Just a shiny and sticky layer
I did not see any changes in my skin yet… as mention it takes 2 to 3 months to see the improvement. I will update again. Positive😌