L-Ascorbic Acid 90% + E + F Powder
fragrance free • 20g
Brightens skin & reverses UV damage
What it is: An antioxidant powerhouse that brightens & evens the skin tone. Contains purest form of Vitamin C, L-Ascorbic Acid, along with Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid in a powder form.
Why it's awesome:
- Potent combination of Vitamin C, Vitamin E & Ferulic acid (CEF). One application of half spoon delivers ~20% Vitamin C, 1.5% Vitamin E and 0.75% Ferulic Acid
- Contains 90% pure L-Ascorbic Acid (active form of Vitamin C), in ultra-fine powder form. L-Ascorbic Acid is sourced from Royal DSM, Netherlands
- The Vitamin C powder is thoroughly blended with Ferulic acid to form a homogeneous powder, and is then spray coated with Vitamin E, making this water-free product even more stable
- Easy to use - Mix half spoon powder (using the spoon inside the jar) in 2 spoon moisturizer or serum of your choice. You get 160 applications per jar, making the jar last for 5 months (only ₹3.1 per application)
Consumer testing results*:
- 8 out of 10 subjects found improved skin glow after 6 weeks of usage
- 9 out of 10 subjects got even skin tone after 5 weeks
Science behind this product:
Vitamin C and its derivatives are known antioxidants and are proven to prevent the changes associated with photoaging, brighten skin, even skin tone and reduce hyperpigmentation.
However, in skincare, not all Vitamin C are equal. While there are several derivatives available (like Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, etc), L-Ascorbic Acid (LAA) is the only active form of Vitamin C and is considered a gold standard. However, LAA is extremely difficult to formulate because it oxidizes easily when it comes in contact with water, oxygen or light. This product is anhydrous (water-free), giving it a prolonged stability and ease of use.
Ascorbic acid is an antioxidant that acts by protecting the skin from the reactive oxygen species (ROS). Because of its high water solubility, ascorbic acid is available in the aqueous compartments of the cell. On exposure to ultraviolet light, ROS are generated as superoxide ion, peroxide, and singlet oxygen. Ascorbic acid donates electrons to neutralize free radicals, thereby protecting the skin from oxidative stress.
Ferulic acid is a potent plant antioxidant and when combined with L-Ascorbic Acid and Vitamin E, Ferulic Acid has been shown to double the protection for human skin against damage caused by ultraviolet irradiation.
This product combines 2 powders (L-Ascorbic Acid & Ferulic Acid) that are mixed thoroughly, forming a very homogeneous powder mixture. This powder mixture is then slowly spray-coated with Vitamin E which not only makes this a powerful antioxidant combo, it also stabilises the powder significantly.
Mixing half a spoon of this powder with 2 spoons of moisturiser or serum of your choice, delivers approximately 20% L-Ascorbic Acid, 1.5% Vitamin E and 0.75% Ferulic Acid. Studies have shown this to be the highest concentration of L-Ascorbic Acid that is effectively absorbed in the skin and shows expected results.
- Use once a day (AM or PM). Apply after cleansing and toning your face. Take the spoon inside the jar and fill half of it with the powder mix. Take 2 full spoons of any lightweight moisturizer or serum of your choice and mix thoroughly with the powder mix in your palm. Apply this mixture on your face like any cream or serum.
- Half a spoon powder when mixed with 2 spoons of moisturizer or a serum, delivers ~20% pure L-Ascorbic Acid. Tingling sensation might be expected on application. If you have sensitive skin, start with lesser quantity.
- After use, tighten the lid of the jar properly to avoid oxidation of Vitamin C powder. And ensure the spoon is clean & dry to avoid any air or water exposure.
- Don't mix the powder with already acidic products like Salicylic Acid or Lactic Acid. Mixing in moisturizers, or serums like Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide etc is ideal.
Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol Acetate, Ferulic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate
1. Which skin types is this suitable for?
L-Ascorbic Acid is the active form of Vitamin C and can be used for all skin types. If you have a sensitive skin, start with lesser quantity of the powder and slowly increase to half a spoon per application. This can be used in the AM or PM both, however, using Vitamin C products in AM is recommended as it is effective against UV damage & works synergistically with your sunscreen.
2. Can this product be used for men & women both?
Yes. This powder can be used by men and women both.
3. How is it different as compared to other Vitamin C powder?
Unlike many other Vitamin C powder, this comes with Vitamin E & Ferulic Acid making it more effective & potent.
* Results may vary from person to person
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
Please restock it
Plz restock it, I want to purchase it.
I have been using this product since a week by mixing it with my moisturizer on my palm. Recently noticed that it's leaving a yelow-orange stain on my hand. Stain is gradually coming down but definitely worried if I should use it on my face or not.
Have been using this with my moisturizer for the past 1 week. It did boost the skin glow in just 7 days. No irritation so far, but I mixed only half the mentioned amount (about 1/4th spoon in one application). Measuring the correct amount is a bit tricky. Amazing product.