Niacinamide 10% + Zinc
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 30ml
Reduces Blemishes & Acne Marks
What it is: A nourishing, daily serum packed with pure Vitamin B3 and antibacterial mineral zinc that boosts dermal immunity, keeping your skin resilient and healthy.
Why it's awesome:
- The soothing aloe-based formula contains pure 10% Niacinamide that is clinically proven to promote protein synthesis, reduce melanin concentration & improve skin complexion in 2 weeks
- Oil-free lightweight serum coupled with Zinc that balances sebum activity and reduces inflammation, leaving smooth textured skin with no sticky residue
- Formulated with Niacinamide PC by Royal DSM, Netherlands and is guaranteed to contain less than 100 ppm residual nicotinic acid (which, at higher concentration may result in unpleasant skin sensations).
pH: 5.5 - 6.5
Consumer testing results:
- 9 out of 10 subjects saw an improvement in skin's clarity in 6 weeks
- 8 out of 10 subjects found reduction in appearance of blemishes in 8 weeks
- 8 out of 10 subjects found an improvement in skin texture in 8 weeks
Science behind this product:
Niacinamide, one of the two active forms of vitamin B3, is an essential nutrient for living cells. It is a well-researched molecule of importance as it builds an epidermal barrier that acts as the first line of defence against oxidative stress.
When applied topically, Niacinamide's performance largely depends upon the concentration of Vitamin B3 in the product. For maximum results, Minimalist serum is formulated with a high 10% concentration of pure Niacinamide that is lab tested to inhibit melanin synthesis to delivering even skin tone in 2 weeks. The vitamin B3 and mineral zinc duo are potent enough to reduce visible blemishes and clear congested pores. Also, our unique formulation based on aloe juice instead of water makes it ultra light that easily sinks in with no sticky residue.
While the combo of Niacinamide and zinc reduces acne marks and controls sebum activity to a great extent, it is not a remedy for persistent acne. For persistent acne, we recommend the use of 2% Benzoyl peroxide or 2% retinol. This formulation can be used along with acne treatments for the added advantage of visibly clear skin.
- AM & PM, after cleansing and hydrating with Hyaluronic Acid. Apply 2-3 drops. With a gentle circular motion, you can spread it all over your face.
- Although it is a lightweight formula that quickly sinks in, wait for 1-2 minutes before applying other serums or moisturizers. While layering, always apply serum starting with the lightest consistency such as Niacinamide to thick/heavy.
- For extra hydration & a plump look, use it after Minimalist ultra-hydrating 2% Hyaluronic Acid.
- Pack your cells with a broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 or above and moisturizer after that.
Aloe Vera Juice, Niacinamide, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Propanediol, Ethoxydiglycol, Zinc PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Pullulan, Xanthan Gum, Sclerotium Gum, Lecithin
1. How does Niacinamide work on your face?
When applied topically, Niacinamide works on our skin by getting converted to NADH and NADPH; these compounds provide energy to the cells tackling free radicals and boosting protein synthesis, hence providing a protective skin barrier. This conversion also reduces the production of sebum, aiding in the prevention of acne and blemishes.
2. Does Niacinamide help in lightening or brightening of the skin?
Scientific studies have proven its property to inhibit melanin production, which helps treat hyperpigmentation and lightening dark spots hence enhancing skin tone. Still, there are no clinical studies of it providing a lighter skin tone. But it is found to improve overall complexion.
3. What are the side effects of Niacinamide? Can it cause purging?
It is one of the mildest molecules suitable for all skin types and has clinically shown no significant side effects. However, as Niacinamide causes skin turnover, some people might experience purging, especially when using a highly concentrated product like this one. Purging is a natural phenomenon wherein your skin adjusts to the new active, especially the ones that increase cell turnover. It may not last for more than 2-3 weeks depending upon your skin condition and regimen.
4. What is the right age to start using Niacinamide serum?
Niacinamide is safe to use at any age, but you will need it after 18 -20 years when the body's natural ability to form a skin barrier starts degrading. It can also be used in your teenage to combat acne marks caused by your teen acne.
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
It's helping to improve my texture but id does nothing to my blackheads. This bottle is my second purchase still blackheads are as it was
It matches with my skin as I have been searching for non sticky serum. I have a oily skin with dark spots sometimes I have lot of acnes during menstruation.It became almost visible.
It reduced my acne marks and oilness
Effective but not skin friendly for dry skin. Cause of lack of guidance I brought 10% niacinamide instead of 5 %
According to me, 10% is so concentrate for niacinamide. 3 to 5 % is slowly effective but good for skin and doesn't irritate skin.
Minimalist is the only brand in India I've seen ever which is so genuine and really perfect for skin.
But I would suggest to minimalist, as so many buyers doesn't know which product is suitable for them you should tell them they should try minimalist 5% Niacinamide + 1%HA for the first time. Oily skin will be okay with 10%
I have one more suggestion for minimalist. They should avoid AHAs aka Glycolic acid from peeling solutions or cleanser... Then it will be Great!!!
Otherwise minimalist is doing great! All other products I've found was not so skin friendly as compared to minimalist. Other Indian brands like the darma co are little bit backward cause they add fragrance and some irritating chemicals.
Literally transparent Beauty as expected from minimalist! You're doing good minimalist! All the best ! I'm so excited to try your new launch , 18% hair growth serum!
Love from Maharashtra!
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc