Niacinamide 5% + Hyaluronic Acid 1%
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 30ml
Hydrates, repairs & soothes skin
What it is: A nourishing & hydrating daily serum that repairs & soothes sensitive skin. Ideal for people with dry, sensitive skin & those who find Niacinamide 10% a little strong.
Why it's awesome:
- A lightweight, daily serum consisting of very potent Vitamin B3, Niacinamide. Especially formulated for those with dry & sensitive skin
- Made using Aloe juice instead of water with benefits of Hyaluronic acid to provide long-lasting hydration & a non-sticky, silky smooth skin
- The key ingredient is sourced from Royal DSM, Netherlands; a global science-based company ranked in Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations 2020
pH: 5.5 - 6.5
Consumer testing results:
Science behind this product:
Niacinamide, or vitamin B3, is an essential nutrient for living cells. It is a well-researched molecule of importance as it builds an epidermal barrier that acts as the first line of defence against oxidative stress.
Niacinamide is essentially involved in the cellular energy metabolism, the regulation of DNA synthesis, as well as in transcription processes, and hence has various biological effects. The antipruritic effects of niacinamide are mainly based on barrier-protective effects. Niacinamide is involved in the biosynthesis of ceramides in keratinocytes and as a result the increased rate of ceramide synthesis influences the barrier effect of the stratum corneum (outer most layer of skin). In a study with 28 patients, it was found that Niacinamide reduces transepidermal water loss after an 8-week treatment.
Niacinamide further has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial benefits.
We have formulated this product for people with dry, sensitive skin and with primary objective on reducing transepidermal water loss, hence the inclusion of 1% Hyaluronic acid. While Niacinamide influences the barrier effects, Hyaluronic further seals the moisture inside so your skin remains hydrated for long.
- AM & PM, after cleansing and hydrating with Hyaluronic Acid. Apply 2-3 drops. With a gentle circular motion, you can spread it all over your face.
- Although it is a lightweight formula that quickly sinks in, wait for 1-2 minutes before applying other serums or moisturizers. While layering, always apply serum starting with the lightest consistency such as Niacinamide to thick/heavy.
- Pack your cells with a broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 or above and moisturizer after that.
Aloe Vera Juice, Niacinamide, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Propanediol, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Pullulan, Xanthan Gum, Sclerotium Gum, Lecithin, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate
1. How does Niacinamide work on your face?
When applied topically, Niacinamide works on our skin by getting converted to NADH and NADPH; these compounds provide energy to the cells tackling free radicals and boosting protein synthesis, hence providing a protective skin barrier. This conversion also reduces the production of sebum, aiding in the prevention of acne and blemishes.
2. Does Niacinamide help in lightening or brightening of the skin?
Scientific studies have proven its property to inhibit melanin production, which helps treat hyperpigmentation and lightening dark spots hence enhancing skin tone. Still, there are no clinical studies of it providing a lighter skin tone. But it is found to improve overall complexion.
3. What is the right age to start using Niacinamide serum?
Niacinamide is safe to use at any age, but you will need it after 18 -20 years when the body's natural ability to form a skin barrier starts degrading. It can also be used in your teenage to combat acne marks caused by your teen acne.
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
Finally I found a niacin product that isn’t sticky 😬 n it works great for all skin types. Using this one since a month now n I was able to see visible changes after 2-3 weeks of application . I’m in love with this brand now 🥳 gonna buy more stuff just fix the dropper issue guys . It doesn’t work properly.
One of the best niacinamide (hydrating) serum available in the Indian skincare market.
Been using it for a week now. So, it's too early to give a full review. The serum feels gentle on my skin. No irritation as such. My skin feels soft and smooth. So far, I'm happy with the product. Will definitely buy again.
I was very skeptical about getting this but I just went ahead and brought 2 since mum was struggling with hyperpigmentation and I wanted help fade some acne scars, and both of us just wanted out skin to look fresh and bright.
This serum did everything it claims for me; Controlled oil and sweat production by a lot, layers really well under my makeup, made my skin look so much brighter, helped in bettering my skin texture, the Hyaluronic Acid helped in keeping my skin hydrated and over 20 days, I can see a difference in how my acne scars look, they're much lighter than when I started. I will repurchase this one for sure!
PS. if you have dry skin and live in a dry area It's important that you apply this on damp skin and layer your moisturizer because otherwise it MIGHT make your skin feel a little tight.
I've been using it for a week or so and it's pretty great