Granactive Retinoid 2% (Emulsion)
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 30ml
Help Reduce Fine Lines & Wrinkles
What it is: Turn back the clock on aging and give your skin a youthful vibrancy with this gentle, safe & effective 2% Retinoid serum.
Why it's awesome:
- The next-generation anti-aging formula with 2% Granactive Retinoid is dermatologically tested to offer less irritation & multi-fold better effect than other retinol and retinoid derivatives
- Boosts cell turnover & stimulates collagen production to erase fine lines and wrinkles, revealing radiant glowy skin
- Contains top quality Granactive Retinoid sourced from Grant Industries, USA, A leading global supplier in skincare
This product is:
pH: 5.0 - 6.0
Consumer testing results:
- 8 out of 10 subjects found reduction of fine lines in 2 weeks
- 9 out of 10 subjects said skin felt much younger in 8 weeks
- 9 out of 10 subjects observed skin firmness in 8 weeks
Science behind this product:
Retinol (Vitamin A), alongside its natural (retinaldehyde, retinoic acid, and retinyl esters) & synthetic derivatives, is part of the Retinoid family. Retinoids are very well known for their ability to promote cellular growth & differentiation in our bodies, thus fighting photo-ageing by exfoliating at the cellular level, resulting in a brighter, refined complexion. It also stimulates skin cell proliferation, which restores thickness to the skin, making it firm & youthful.
Although there are enormous benefits of retinoids, they have limited clinical use due to skin irritation & photochemical instability. Milder synthetic and natural derivatives of Vitamin A, such as Retinol esters, are available in the market with lower irritation and increased stability, but the trade-off is decreased performance. The Granactive Retinoid used in Minimalist serum is a breakthrough product in the entire retinoid family.
Compared to other retinoid or retinol derivatives, Granactive Retinoid can directly bind with retinoid receptors without need to break down into more biologically active forms such as retinoic acid, which causes skin irritation. It is clinically tested to offer less irritation making it suitable for people with sensitive skin.
When used in conjunction with other anti-acne treatments, it helps in achieving clear skin and smooth texture.
- After cleansing, toning, and applying water-based serums in the night (PM), before moisturiser, take a pea-sized amount of serum on your fingertips with a dropper. Dab the product onto your face and neck; carefully avoid the lips, eye area(including eyelids), and corner of the eyes and massage firmly until it has absorbed into the skin. For optimal results, allow 2-3 minutes for absorption before applying your moisturiser.
- We all want clear and glowing skin overnight, but the truth is, skincare takes time to show results. To see noticeable effects from Retinoid, use it consistently for at least 2-3 months, starting 2-3 times per week & gradually increasing frequency to daily.
- Due to the high concentration of retinoid in the product, use this serum only in the PM to limit photosensitivity and irritation. Always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen during the day when using this product.
Aqua, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Propanediol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethoxydiglycol, Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Tocopherol Acetate, Arachidyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Pullulan, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sclerotium Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Lecithin
1. How does Retinoid work on your skin?
Retinoid reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of photo-ageing by influencing the variety of cellular processes such as epidermal proliferation, skin thickening, compaction of the stratum corneum, and biosynthesis of the glycosaminoglycans. They also promote cellular growth resulting in younger radiant skin.
2. What are the side effects of Retinoid?
With traditional Retinols, it's often a “worse-before-better” type of situation. Typical side effects include skin irritation, dryness, and redness, especially when first starting. But Granactive Retinoid has very low irritancy profile compared to traditional Retinol . Still, we recommend doing a patch test and start slowly 2-3 times a week. Also, follow it up with a broad spectrum SPF and a good moisturiser.
3. What percentage of Retinol is best & how much?
Even as less as 0.05% retinol when used topically for 3 months, it is clinically proven to be effective at improving multiple signs of aging, hyperpigmentation, and rough patches. This product does not contain direct form of Retinol but an ester of all-trans retinoic acid, Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate (HPR). Formulated using 2% Granactive Retinoid which in turn contains 10% pinacolyl ester of all-trans retinoic acid, to offer you effective 0.2% concentration of the said retinoid acid.
5. Can I use this product every day?
Yes, 2% Retinoid serum is safe to use every night. Start with 2-3 times a week and gradually work your way up as tolerated. It may cause minor side effects such as redness and irritation, which dissipate within a few weeks as your skin gets adjusted.
6. Does Retinoid cause purging or breakout?
Like any other skincare active, retinoid also takes time to adjust as your skin starts getting accustomed to the same; in the first 2-3 weeks of use, your cell turnover increases, causing your pores to purge. However, these side effects will dissipate in 2-3 weeks as the skin becomes used to the cell turnover rate. The retinoid ingredient added in minimalist serum is of smaller molecule size. It does not clog your pores. So, you might see little purging but not breakouts.
7. What is the recommended age, and who can use this product?
Except for pregnant or breastfeeding women and those under 18 years of age, anyone can begin using retinol & it's derivatives in their mid-’20s. People with hypersensitive skin should perform a patch test first, and only if it’s tolerable, they should use it on the face. If it’s not acceptable, discontinue usage.
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
For all skin types... I love this retinoid... it changes all my skin and make a great perfection 🥰
It has a transparent cream I love that and it is worth to buy 🥰❤️
Broke me out so bad, that I had to see a dermatologist. Same for Vitamiv C and Hylo acid.
First week I found it good.from 2nd week I am getting allergy whenever I am applying.can u help?
In love this with formula. I tried the Q10 retinol first and that didn’t work for me. Too oily and purging stage never ended. But this did the job. The complete opposite in terms of oily, it dries my oily acne prone skin and makes it tighter also reducing marks and calming the acne. Purchased 2 more bottles & stocked it