Strong peel. Patch test recommended. Expect tingling on application.
AHA 25% + PHA 5% + BHA 2%
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 30ml
Weekend Exfoliating Facial
What it is: A powerful peeling trio of 25% AHA, 5% PHA & 2% BHA that provides multi-level exfoliation, both on the surface & inside the pores, giving you a healthy, plump, and glowing skin.
Why it's awesome:
- A whopping 25% AHA, 5% PHA & 2% BHA blend formulated at a pH of 3.4 - 3.8 for maximum effectiveness. AHA & PHA exfoliates while BHA clears congestion of pore, delivering incredible brightening & elastic feel for the baby-soft complexion
- PHAs are next generation AHAs. Not just an exfoliator, PHAs are also humectants and moisturizers. Further, Gluconolactone (PHA used in this formula) provides up to 50% protection against UV radiation
- A soothing peeling solution formulated with Turmeric Extract and Aloe juice to calm skin irritation commonly associated with peeling
- All ingredients are sourced from leading global suppliers such as Fortune 500 Chemours Company, USA, and Jungbunzlauer Suisse, Canada
pH: 3.4 - 3.8
Consumer testing results:
Science behind this product:
Unlike physical exfoliators (scrubs, brushes, etc.) commonly used in facials, this gentle yet powerful 32% AHA/PHA/BHA chemical exfoliant trio promotes cell turnover and clear pores without causing micro-tears or damaging the skin’s natural barrier. 25% AHA (Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Mandelic Acid) delivers superficial peeling by dissolving away the dead skin cells present in the upper skin layer, revealing a bright even skin tone.
5% PHA not just exfoliates but also doubles up as humectant and moisturiser. Because of its larger molecule size compared to Glycolic acid (molecular weight 178 vs. 76 for Glycolic acid), it penetrates the skin slowly, hence offering lesser irritation. Further, PHAs are proven to provide up to 50% protection against UV radiation, hence they provide conditioning effects to skin without increasing sensitivity to UV light.
Lastly, 2% BHA (Salicylic acid) unclog pores by breaking bonds formed by dead cells and flushing out skin debris & oils, giving you the much-desired matt look.
To further reduce generally associated irritation with exfoliation, it is made with pure aloe vera juice instead of water and Turmeric Extract that is clinically proven anti-inflammatory ingredient.
Note: It is not recommended for people with hypersensitive or compromised skin as it contains a very high concentration of direct acids.
- Use it as a peel in the PM once per week. Increase to twice per week if your skin can tolerate it. Apply a thick layer to clean dry skin (avoid eye area) and leave for 10 minutes before rinsing off using warm water. Follow with your preferred moisturiser.
- Follow it up with Minimalist ultra-hydrating 2% Hyaluronic acid to ensure newly revealed skin is well hydrated.
- Always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 and above while using direct acids as your skin becomes more susceptible to sunburn.
- Unlike the harsh professional peeling process, the superficial peeling at home with direct acids takes time. To get the desired sustainable results, use it as a regular weekend product for at least 8-10 weeks.
Aloe Vera Juice, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Gluconolactone, Mandelic Acid, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Propanediol, Ethoxydiglycol, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Pullulan, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Sclerotium Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Lecithin
1. What does peeling solutions do?
The peeling solution contains three active ingredients - 25% alpha hydroxy acid (a blend of Glycolic acid, Lactic acid & Mandelic acid), 5% poly hydroxy acid (Gluconolactone) and 2% beta hydroxy acid (Salicylic acid). They all act as excellent exfoliants. Glycolic acid works on the skin's surface and breaks through the multiple layers of the dead skin cells and helps in their effective shedding. It also fights the signs of sun damage and reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Salicylic acid penetrates deep into the pores and whisks out the skin debris and excess sebum trapped within them. Thus, it removes clogs. It also provides anti-microbial resistance to the skin and offers an overall treatment for mild acne.
2. Is the peeling solution safe for skin?
Chemical peels have a balanced pH and are readily available in the market (both OTC and prescription-grade medications). They are completely safe for topical applications, provided they match your needs and fit your skin type. It is usually not recommended for hypersensitive or compromised skin. Minimalist peeling solution (25% AHA + 5% PHA + 2% BHA) contains a high concentration of acids, but in combo with aloe juice and Turmeric extract that calms the irritation associated with exfoliation. Always perform a patch test over a small area of your skin. Observe it for the next 48 hours. If no irritation or burns (redness) occur, you are ready to go with the product.
3. Who can use an AHA/PHA/BHA peeling solution?
It is advised that the peeling solution should not be used on sensitive, abraded, broken, or compromised skin. The peeling solution is for unisex consumption. There is no specified starting age range for using chemical peels, however it's safe for people in their 20's to start using it. Teenagers should avoid using it or consult a dermatologist before doing so. The peeling solution should not be used during pregnancy because it contains salicylic acid, which may harm the applicant. In the case of breastfeeding women, it is better to have a word with your skincare specialist before proceeding with the product.
4. Does AHA PHA BHA peeling solution cause purging or breakouts?
Chemical peels accelerate the cell turn over, and some people might undergo a purging phase as soon as they start with the skincare acid routine. However, this shall subside in 2-3 weeks. If the purge lasts longer than 6 weeks, quit using the product, and consult a dermatologist. He/she may revise the frequency of application of the product or adjust the dosage. Or, suggest an alternative.
5. What products can or cannot be used with AHA PHA BHA peeling solution?
Hyaluronic acid is an excellent addition to your skincare routine. It hydrates the skin and helps it to retain moisture for a long time. It makes sure that the acids (used in the peel) are not too mean or harsh to your skin. Also, Niacinamide will raise the pH of the acids, if you use it right after the chemical peel, and make them less effective. But you can still include it in your daily routine and skip it on weekends when AHA/PHA/BHA is used. You can include vitamin C in our daily routine, alongside the AHA/PHA/BHA peeling solution. You can use them at alternate times, i.e., if peeling was done at night, you could use Vitamin C serum in AM.
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
Ah I am sorry to say but I purchase it for whiteheads but my whiteheads are still on my face
cant review without place an order.. a make a order for two time.. but dinf get my order.
After 3 uses i saw my acne was gone from my cheeks, i do still have acne on my forehead but im sure it will also be gone in few weeks
AHA 25% + PHA 5% + BHA 2%
AHA 25% + PHA 5% + BHA 2%