Salicylic + LHA 2% Face Cleanser
fragrance free • 100ml
Note: We are taking pre-orders of this product. All orders will get shipped from 16th June onwards. We are offering flat 10% off on all pre-orders.
Reduces sebum & prevents breakout without drying skin
What it is: A daily, gentle exfoliating, face cleanser. It combines BHA + LHA (Salicylic Acid + Capryloyl Salicylic Acid) in 2% concentration, which provides deep cleansing, pore decongestion & sebum reduction without drying out the skin.
Why it's awesome:
- Contains Salicylic Acid (BHA) that penetrates deep into the skin & scoops out the dirt, debris, and sebum, hence reducing the oily look of the skin
- Formulated with Capryloyl Salicylic Acid (LHA), which unlike Salicylic Acid, stays on outer layer of skin and provides gentle exfoliation, revealing soft skin. The combination provides multi-level cleansing
- Boosted with anti-bacterial Zinc and several hydrating & soothing ingredients like Xylitylglucoside, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Allantoin, Pentyle Glycol for hydrating overall after-feel
- Formulated with 2 very mild sulfate-free surfactants (cleansers) that provide optimum cleaning without stripping skin lipids or proteins
- All our ingredients are sourced from leading global supplier. Our Saliyclic Acid comes from Merck, Germany and is a high purity grade ingredient
pH: 4.5 - 5.5
Consumer testing results*:
- 9 out of 10 subjects found significant reduction in skin oiliness after 6 washes
- 8 out of 10 subjects said their acne occurances reduced after 6 weeks
- 9 out of 10 subjects said their skin felt smoother & brighter after 4 weeks
Science behind this product:
The primary role of a cleanser is to remove dirt, sebum/oil, pollution and other contaminants from the surface of the skin. Key part of any cleansing system is the surfactants that do the heavy lifting of cleansing. Surfactants have a hydrophilic head and a lipophilic tail that allow them to bind oily soils and solubilize them, resulting in removal of oil & dirt.
However, because of this very property, surfactants can be drying as well if not formulated properly. They are unable to identify between oil/sebum and our skin's natural lipids. Also, they can interact with proteins in the skin, causing our skin's barrier to break down. This cleanser uses 2 very mild surfactants, namely Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB) and Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (SLMI). Both of these cleanser are measured on Zein Scale for mildness. Zein Scale uses a skin like protein, called Zein Protein, that is derived from corn protein. If a surfactant dissolves more Zein Protein, it would also dissolve higher quantity of skin protein and would end up having higher Zein Score. Higher Zein score means harsher surfactant, and vice-versa. While SLS dissolves the highest amount of Zein Protein and is taken as control with Zein score of 100, SLMI stands at around 50 and CAPB at around 16, making them very mild surfactants. The combination provides good cleansing without drying the skin.
This cleanser also contains 2% Hydroxy Acids in 2 forms - BHA (Salicylic Acid) and LHA (Capryloyl Salicylic Acid). Salicylic Acid is a lipid-soluble hydroxy acid and is miscible with epidermal lipids and sebaceous gland lipids. It thus dissolves dead skin cells and sebum from inner walls of pores, revealing fresh skin underneath.
Salicylic Acid is a relatively smaller molecule with molecular weight of 138 g/mol, and about 58% of Salicylic Acid is able to penetrate our outermost skin layer (Stratum Corneum). This results in deeper cleaning, exfoliation and anti-acne benefits.
Capryloyl Salicylic Acid (LHA) on the other hand is a larger molecule with molecular weight of 264 g/mol, making it almost double the size of Salicylic Acid. Because of this, only 6% of LHA penetrates past Stratum Corneum, making it excellent for superficial skin exfoliation. Also, because of added fatty chain, LHAs are more oil loving than BHAs, resulting in slower penetration and better cell-by-cell exfoliation.
The balanced combination of BHA and LHA gives a multi-level exfoliation without irritating & drying the skin.
- Use AM & PM. Wet face first. Pour an appropriate amount into wet hands, rub together into a light lather, and massage into face. Rinse thoroughly.
- If you have sensitive skin, use only once a day. This is a mild sulfate-free cleanser and while it provides ample cleansing, it may not foam as much as a sulfate-based cleanser.
Aqua, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propanediol, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Salicylic Acid, Betaine, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Panthenol, Allantoin, Zinc PCA, Sodium PCA, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide
1. Which skin types is this suitable for?
This cleanser is most suitable for oily / combination or acne prone skin. The combination of actives help to reduce the excess sebum and also reduce occurrence of acne. For combination skin, while cleansing, focus more on the oily t-zone by massaging more there and be gentle on the drier parts of the face ensuring thorough and consistent cleansing.
2. Can this product be used for men & women both?
Yes. This face cleanser works equally well for both men and women.
* Results may vary from person to person
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
All are good ingredients, except for Glyceryl Oleate which is a fungal acne trigger. Could you formulate this product without it?
Can you please make a hydrating facial cleanser suitable for dry skin?
Thank you 😊
Waiting for Niacinamide cleanser from minimalist. Can make this happen ?
Can u make salicylic based foaming face wash.