Ceramides 0.3% + Madecassoside
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 30g
Strengthens Skin Barrier, Hydrates & Soothes
What it is: An everyday moisturizing gel with 5 Ceramides to restore & repair skin’s natural barrier & prevent water loss. A lightweight formula suitable for oily / combination skin.
Why it's awesome:
- 0.3% active concentration of 5 skin essential ceramides along with Ursolic Acid for repairing damaged skin barrier
- Formulated with Ceramide:Cholesterol:Fatty Acid in ratio of 3:1:1, which is proven to accelerate skin barrier recovery
- Boosted with Madecassoside which is a powerful skin soothing ingredient
- Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) & Aquaporin boosting ingredients for providing intense skin hydration
- Formulated with iActive Ceramide, sourced from Kimika USA
pH: 5.0 - 6.0
Consumer testing results:
- 8 out of 10 subjects felt skin irritation / sensitivity reduced after 2 weeks of application
- 8 out of 10 subjects felt skin became soft & supple after 2 weeks of usage
- 9 out of 10 subjects felt skin stays hydrated throughout the day after using the product
Science behind this product:
Skin barrier is located in the outermost layer of the skin, the stratum corneum (SC). SC consists of corneocytes embedded in a lipid-enriched extracellular matrix (similar to the brick & mortar structure).
The corneocytes are composed of mainly keratin fibrils which are protected externally by a cornified cell envelope & they provide structural stability and elasticity to the skin. The intercellular lipids, on the other hand, is composed of Ceramides, Cholesterol, and Free Fatty Acids, that helps retain moisture (and block transepidermal water loss / TEWL) apart from several other critical functions.
The skin barrier bears the responsibility of being the first line of defense against moisture loss, irritants and bacteria. Skin’s barrier must not only defend from mechanical insults and pathogenic microbes, but also from other aggressors like UV-irradiation and free radicals generated from the ozone and other environmental pollutants. Additionally, the barrier must also desquamate invisibly and trap appropriate amounts of water (hydration).
UV overexposure, medication, age, allergens, pollutants, over-washing, are some of the factors that can damage the integrity of skin's barrier. Unless these factors are adequately countered by SC self-repair mechanisms and/or external moisturization, the SC becomes overstressed, with continued increased TEWL leading to incomplete desquamation, loss of skin elasticity, and increased skin rigidity.
We followed a 3 pronged approach while formulating this product:
1. Support & accelerate repair of skin's barrier: This is a continuous process and shows gradual improvement in skin health. We have combined Ceramides, Cholesterol & Fatty Acids in a widely proven ratio of 3:1:1, which is similar to that found in healthy skin. Multiple studies has proven that this specific ratio exerts optimal benefits & supports accelerated optimal skin barrier repair. This product uses a high concentration of 0.3% pure ceramides, delivered through 5 essential ceramides, namely, Ceramide NP, Ceramide EOP, Ceramide NS, Ceramide AS, and Ceramide AP.
2. Soothe & hydrate skin from the first application: Another aspect of this product is to offer immediate relief from symptoms of damaged barrier - excess skin dryness, irritation, itchiness. Madecassoside, one of the main biologically active components of Centella Asiatica, along with Ursolic Acid, heals & soothes skin. Aminobutyric Acid (GABA), a non-protein amino acid, not only provides hydration through its water binding properties, but also accelerates the healing process by suppressing inflammation. Aquaporin (type of proteins in skin that are responsible for transporting water across cell membranes) boosting ingredients that provides ample hydration.
3. Make it suitable for oily / combination skin: Formulate a lightweight emulsion that is suitable for oily / combination skin and does not clog pores. We have used lightest emollients and emulsifiers to create a gel cream that gets absorbed in the skin quickly.
- Use AM or PM as a moisturizer. Use after cleansing, toning and applying all serums.
- Take sufficient quantity of product and massage into face until it is fully absorbed.
Aqua, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, Butylene Glycol, Trehalose, Saccharide Isomerate, Ursolic Acid, Aminobutyric Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Allantoin, Cholesterol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Madecassoside, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Glyceryl Stearate, Sucrose Distearate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ceramide NP, Ceramide EOP, Ceramide NS, Ceramide AS, Ceramide AP, Triethanolamine, Ethylhexylglycerine, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Carbomer, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate
1. How is it different from Ceramide Complex?
This product has pure active ceramide concentration of 0.3%. Ceramide Complex is a term used by brands to either hide the ceramide concentration or inflate the concentration percent. Ceramide Complexes are blends of ceramides provided by raw material suppliers along with other ingredients (like emulsifiers, preservatives etc) and contains around 2.5% ceramide or lesser. Using 1% concentration of this complex delivers ceramides in the range of 0.025%. We have formulated this product to deliver high concentration of pure ceramide (0.3%) to deliver maximum benefits to skin.
2. Is it suitable for oily skin?
Yes, it is. While many ceramide based products available in the market are thick emulsions and cater primarily to dry skin, we have formulated this product specifically for oily / combination skin.
3. Can I use this everyday?
Yes. It is a ceramide based gel cream and should be used everyday for maximum benefits. It contains skin soothers as well that calm skin down and helps it heal.
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
Compare to sunscreen delivery its really very fastest.... I love this moisturizer.... 😊😊😊 I love packaging of the product but for such tiny product please reduced package size...
Sad that out of all the brand's out there you guys did this.
Awesome product but super expensive.
600rs for just 30g and that too for an moisturizer.
There are a lot of ceramides based moisturizer out there but they are inexpensive compared to this.
Atleast justify this product comparatively.
Product type: Face moisturizer
Net quantity: 30g
Shelf life: 18 months from the date of manufacturing
Product dimensions (in cm): 4 x 4 x 12
Country of origin: India
SKU code: 8906128100429
Manufactured & marketed by: Uprising Science Pvt Ltd (21, Aarna 2 Tower, Kartarpura Industrial Area, Jaipur - 302006 (Rajasthan)