Niacinamide 5% + Hyaluronic Acid 1%
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 30ml
Hydrates, repairs & soothes skin
What it is: A nourishing & hydrating daily serum that repairs & soothes sensitive skin. Ideal for people with dry, sensitive skin & those who find Niacinamide 10% a little strong.
Why it's awesome:
- A lightweight, daily serum consisting of very potent Vitamin B3, Niacinamide. Especially formulated for those with dry & sensitive skin
- Made using Aloe juice instead of water with benefits of Hyaluronic acid to provide long-lasting hydration & a non-sticky, silky smooth skin
- The key ingredient is sourced from Royal DSM, Netherlands; a global science-based company ranked in Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations 2020
pH: 5.5 - 6.5
Consumer testing results:
Science behind this product:
Niacinamide, or vitamin B3, is an essential nutrient for living cells. It is a well-researched molecule of importance as it builds an epidermal barrier that acts as the first line of defence against oxidative stress.
Niacinamide is essentially involved in the cellular energy metabolism, the regulation of DNA synthesis, as well as in transcription processes, and hence has various biological effects. The antipruritic effects of niacinamide are mainly based on barrier-protective effects. Niacinamide is involved in the biosynthesis of ceramides in keratinocytes and as a result the increased rate of ceramide synthesis influences the barrier effect of the stratum corneum (outer most layer of skin). In a study with 28 patients, it was found that Niacinamide reduces transepidermal water loss after an 8-week treatment.
Niacinamide further has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial benefits.
We have formulated this product for people with dry, sensitive skin and with primary objective on reducing transepidermal water loss, hence the inclusion of 1% Hyaluronic acid. While Niacinamide influences the barrier effects, Hyaluronic further seals the moisture inside so your skin remains hydrated for long.
- AM & PM, after cleansing and hydrating with Hyaluronic Acid. Apply 2-3 drops. With a gentle circular motion, you can spread it all over your face.
- Although it is a lightweight formula that quickly sinks in, wait for 1-2 minutes before applying other serums or moisturizers. While layering, always apply serum starting with the lightest consistency such as Niacinamide to thick/heavy.
- Pack your cells with a broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 or above and moisturizer after that.
Aloe Vera Juice, Niacinamide, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Propanediol, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Pullulan, Xanthan Gum, Sclerotium Gum, Lecithin, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate
1. How does Niacinamide work on your face?
When applied topically, Niacinamide works on our skin by getting converted to NADH and NADPH; these compounds provide energy to the cells tackling free radicals and boosting protein synthesis, hence providing a protective skin barrier. This conversion also reduces the production of sebum, aiding in the prevention of acne and blemishes.
2. Does Niacinamide help in lightening or brightening of the skin?
Scientific studies have proven its property to inhibit melanin production, which helps treat hyperpigmentation and lightening dark spots hence enhancing skin tone. Still, there are no clinical studies of it providing a lighter skin tone. But it is found to improve overall complexion.
3. What is the right age to start using Niacinamide serum?
Niacinamide is safe to use at any age, but you will need it after 18 -20 years when the body's natural ability to form a skin barrier starts degrading. It can also be used in your teenage to combat acne marks caused by your teen acne.
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
My blackheads still not completely gone but it has lessen
I generally do not give a whole-hearted 5 star rating to a product, but this product truly deserves that. I have been using it for 4 weeks now, and it started fading out my acne PIH within the first few days itself, and that too with just once a day use. I also slowly introduced a BHA into my routine, and the both have been working really well for me. I use it in my morning routine on slightly damp, almost but not fully dry skin (I personally feel it absorbs better this way), and then follow up with a moisturizer. I will shift it to PM routine in the summers. My skin feels so healthy and nice overall, and it has brightened my face too, and I have noticed a reduction in pore size as well. Though sebum around the nose still feels the same. I am sticking to this product for the rest of my life, no matter how many new actives I may or may not start using. PS : I have sensitive, dry - combination, acne prone skin.
This best product if u are looking for best serum for acne or scars
It’s best to start with
I have been using this serum for two months and my skin has transformed to a great extinct..my pores have shrinked and skin is smooth,fair and glowing...
I didn't receive my parcel yet