Retinol 0.3% + Q10
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 30ml
Powerful Anti-aging Serum for Fine Lines & Wrinkles
What it is: A highly stable & powerful anti-aging face serum packed with Retinol and antioxidant Coenzyme Q10. This water-free serum uses Squalane as its base, which nourishes skin & protects Retinol from oxidation
Why it's awesome:
- Contains 0.3% pure Retinol in Squalane. Retinol is proven to fade fine lines & wrinkles, even skin tone and smoothen skin
- Packed with potent antioxidants. Coenzyme Q10 is an outstanding radical scavenger and visibly reduces wrinkle depth. It is coupled with Tocopherol (Vitamin E), another antioxidant, that nourishes & repairs skin
- Boosted with 1% pure Bakuchiol Oil which in some studies has shown to have similar benefits as Retinol without any irritation. This combination makes it a powerful anti-aging serum
- Retinol is an unstable molecule and it oxidizes in presence of water or light. This product is water-free and uses Squalane as based ingredient. Also this serum comes in a UV Protective bottle, which makes this a highly stable retinol
- All ingredients are sourced from top quality suppliers like Selco, Germany
Consumer testing results*:
- 9 out of 10 subjects found reduction in wrinkles in 4 weeks
- 9 out of 10 subjects said skin felt smoother & softer in 4 weeks
- 9 out of 10 subjects felt their skin was firmer after 8 weeks
Science behind this product:
Retinol (Vitamin A), is the gold standard & most proven ingredient for anti-aging and skin renewal. Collagen, a type of protein, makes up over 70% of our skin and among many functions, it gives skin its structure, and elasticity. As we age, our body's ability to produce this protein decreases. Further, there are enzymes called matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), that break down collagen. Environment aggressors like UV, increases the activity of this enzyme, hence exposure to UV rays results in faster sagging of skin.
Retinol primarily works by inactivating the MMP enzymes, resulting in increase in amount of collagen in our skin. It also increases the cell turnover rate, which results in older cells getting replaced by newer cells. This particular property makes Retinol very effective in treatment of acne as well.
However, like other Vitamins, Retinol is highly unstable. It oxidises in presence of air, light or water. Exposure to any of these will result in reduction of active retinol in the product, hence loss of efficacy with time. This serum is water-free and uses Squalane as the base ingredient. Also the bottle is UV Protective, making it a highly-stable & powerful Retinol serum.
It further contains pure Bakuchiol Oil (1%) which is another powerful anti-aging ingredient. Some studies have shown that Bakuchiol Oil has similarities to Retinol in how it affect cell pathways. The duo of Retinol & Bakuchiol Oil, makes this a very powerful anti-aging serum.
The product also contains multiple antioxidants, primary being the Coenzyme Q10. It is a radical scavenger and it protects skin cells against active oxygen structures, resulting in reduction of wrinkle depth.
- Use PM. Apply on cleansed face after your water based serums, and before moisturizer.
- Start with 2-3 times per week & increase gradually. Use of sunscreen is highly recommended when you are using this product.
Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Bakuchiol, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Tocopherol Acetate, BHT
1. Can this product cause purging or breakout?
Depending on your skin, it can take time adjusting to Retinol. In the first 2-3 weeks of use, your cell turnover increases, causing your pores to purge. These effects are completely natural and will dissipate in 3-4 weeks. If you are new to Retinol based products, start slow by using the product 2-3 times a week and then slowly increase the usage to daily.
2. What is the recommended age, and who can use this product?
Except for pregnant or breastfeeding women and those under 18 years of age, anyone can begin using retinol in their mid-’20s. People with hypersensitive skin should perform a patch test first, and only if it’s tolerable, they should use it on the face. If it’s not acceptable, discontinue usage.
* Results may vary from person to person
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
It is too soon to review the effectiveness of the product as it's just launched but I am not really enjoying the feel of it as it is formulated with Squalene. I have oily skin which becomes more oily during summer and this just makes my skin visually and feel wise oily and heavy
Its Covid and there will be shipping delay, its understandable. But we must understand Minimalist is the only brand in India offering high quality products for affordable prices. Also you can get refferal discount here, trust me. Have patience if you want the best serums in India.
Hi. I have ordered a 0.3% retinol serum on 6th April 2021. Order no. 5075260. It's been 10 days. Order has not yet been shipped. I'm not sure when will it be reached. Please don't order from this website. Try ordering from nykaa or Amazon. You might get proper delivery.