Lactic Acid 10% + Hyaluronic Acid 1%
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 30ml
Exfoliates for dramatically younger and glowing skin
What it is: A skin-regenerating daily serum with 10% Lactic Acid and 1% Hyaluronic Acid that mildly exfoliates without drying the skin to reveal clear, radiant, and hydrated skin.
Why it's awesome:
- This formula uses an ultra-pure grade of natural 10% Lactic Acid + 1% Hyaluronic Acid. At an acidic pH level of 3.5 - 4.0, it stimulates exfoliation of the skin and stimulates cell renewal in the skin’s epidermis and dermis layers
- A soothing, lightweight superficial exfoliating solution that easily sinks into the skin combined with Turmeric extract & Aloe vera that calms the skin and reduces irritation
- Formulated with natural and pure ingredients sourced from leading global suppliers such as Corbion and Royal DSM, Netherlands
This product is:
pH: 3.5 - 4.0
Consumer testing results (For our earlier formulation of 10% Lactic Acid + 2% HA. New studies are underway and results will be posted here soon):
- 9 out of 10 subjects found skin retextured and refined in 4 weeks
- 8 out of 10 subjects noticed reduction in Pigmentation in 4 weeks
- 9 out of 10 subjects said skin felt soft & glowing skin in 8 weeks
Science behind this product:
You don't have to panic from the idea of putting acid into your skin. Probably you have been doing it all this time without even knowing it. Lactic acid is one of the mildest acids that belongs to the family of Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), naturally present in curd or sour milk.
It gently exfoliates the skin by penetrating the surface to break down and absorb dead skin cells, revealing younger and healthier cells.
Our daily exfoliator contains 10% Lactic Acid, clinically proven to increase thickness and firmness at both epidermal and dermal levels compared to 5% Lactic acid, which only impacted the epidermal (outermost) layer. Thus, delivering long term sustainable results. It inhibits the production of melanin, thereby reducing hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
This unique soothing Lactic acid exfoliant is formulated with 1% Hyaluronic acid and Turmeric extract based in aloe juice instead of water to deliver extraordinary results. Hyaluronic Acid can hold water up to 1000 times its molecular weight and quenches the thirst of every skin cell in the body, giving a supple, plump skin. Whereas, Turmeric extract & aloe vera works as anti-inflammatory agents to soothe the mild irritations caused by exfoliation.
- Apply once per day, ideally in the PM. Avoid contact with eyes. Lactic Acid should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. If you are new to direct acids, you may start by diluting other treatments/serums to reduce strength until skin develops tolerance.
- Allow 1-2 minutes before layering other serums or moisturizers. Our daily lactic acid exfoliant has built-in hydration so that you can skip the hydration step.
- Exfoliation makes your skin susceptible to sunburn. Always wear a broad spectrum SPF 30 and above while using this product.
- Unlike peeling carried out at a doctor's office, this is a gentle superficial peeling process that takes time to deliver results. To see long-lasting brightening effects from Lactic Acid 10% + HA serum, use it consistently for at least 2-3 months and make it a part of your daily skincare routine.
Aloe Vera Juice, L-Lactic Acid, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Propanediol, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Pullulan, Glycerin Ethylhexylglycerin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sclerotium Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Lecithin
1. Is Lactic acid good for skin?
When used in the right concentration, Lactic Acid provides ample benefits like even skin tone, improved texture, faded dark spots, banishes wrinkles, all of which results in brighter, smoother, and younger-looking skin. Lactic acid is clinically proven to boost collagen and promote the natural cell turnover process, revealing a glowing baby soft skin.
2. How often can you use Lactic Acid on your face?
A 10% Lactic acid is a safe, direct acid that can be used daily. Unlike other commonly found lactic acid serum, Minimalist serum does not irritate as it contains soothing activities such as the aloe vera and Turmeric extract. If you are starting on acids, you can begin by diluting our serum with other serum. Normal/ oily skinned people can incorporate Lactic Acid into their skincare daily. Sensitive skinned people are recommended to start by applying Lactic Acid based products once per week—a patch test before incorporating a new skincare ingredient.
3. AM or PM, what is the right time to apply Lactic Acid, and how long do you leave lactic acid on the face?
Lactic Acid is recommended for nighttime use as lesser melanin production makes the skin more susceptible to sun damage. Also, sunscreen (SPF 30 and above) should never be skipped in the day, especially when using Lactic Acid. There are different products with Lactic acid; some are leave-on serums, and some are washed off. This facial serum by Minimalist is a leave-on product.
4. Is Lactic Acid stronger than Glycolic acid?
Lactic acid is not only milder than glycolic acid but the mildest of AHAs. However, this does not make Lactic acid less potent. Both have their list of pros and cons. Lactic acid is slower and mild but delivers the same result as glycolic acid, so good for people with sensitive skin.
5. AHA Vs. BHA, which is better for the skin?
AHA stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acids, while BHA stands for Beta Hydroxy Acids. AHAs (lactic, glycolic acid, etc.) work on the surface to promote cell turnover and, thus, be better suited for dry and sensitive skin. In contrast, BHA (e.g., salicylic acid) penetrates deep into pores to remove dirt and sebum, thus better suited for oily and acne-prone skin. If your skin is not hypersensitive, then try both and see which one works best for you.
6. What is the recommended age for starting to use Lactic Acid?
Lactic acid is safe for teens and above. Teens with acne and other skin issues can use lactic acid as their daily skin routine. It is highly recommended for both males and females after their 20s when the natural defence of skin weakens and needs extra protection. If you are new to direct acid, Lactic acid can be best to start with as it is mildest.
7. Does Lactic Acid cause purging or breakouts?
Any active ingredient that promotes cell turnover can cause purging in certain people with sensitive skin. It is an entirely natural and normal response to active ingredients. Lactic acid helps the natural cell renewal process and hence can cause purging, which shall subside in 2-3 weeks. With all direct acids, a patch test is recommended. Minimalist Lactic Acid is a water-based non-comedogenic serum, so it would not cause breakouts.
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
Lactic Acid 10% + Hyaluronic Acid 1%
After using this serum, i found that my skin was sufficiently softer. Is it the best Lactic Acid serum out there? No. Will it do the job just fine if you are starting out with skincare? yes. I would recommend The Oordinary LA Serum, or the pure Bubbles one. Both of these are better than Minimalists'.
Amazing,reduced hyperpigmentation amd made skin smoother, thank you for this wonderful product
Does its job and doesn't irritate the skin ,plus its hydrating.i use it only once in a week as this is my first time using chemical exfoliants so i guess it Should be good for anyone else starting out chemical exfoliation as well