Rosehip Oil + VC-IP 3%
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 30ml
Brightens, evens tone & reduces signs of photoaging
What it is: A pure cold pressed Rosehip oil having high content of essential fatty and unsaturated acids with antioxidant properties. Coupled with 3% VC-IP (Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate) which is an oil-soluble vitamin C derivative. The combination brightens, repairs skin, fades scars and also reduces signs of photoaging.
Why it's awesome:
- Pure Cold Pressed Rosehip Oil, rich in fatty acids, primarily linoleic acid, linolenic acid and oleic acid. It's also rich in antioxidant compounds, especially Vitamin C & Vitamin A making it ideal for brightening, wound healing / scars treatment, repair and fighting photoaging
- Additionally contains 3% VC-IP (Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate), which is an oil-soluble vitamin C derivative with improved percutaneous absorption and stability. It can be absorbed transdermally and transferred into Vitamin C effectively & hence inhibits the activity of tyrosinase resulting in reduction in hyperpigmentation, prevents skin oxidation, and prevents cell/DNA damage caused by UV radiation
- Our source for Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate is VC-IP, which is a high performance Vitamin C derivative developed by Nikkol, Japan
Cold Pressed Oil
Consumer testing results:
- 9 out of 10 subjects found improvement in skin brightness in 8 weeks
- 9 out of 10 subjects found even skin tone in 8 weeks
- 8 out of 10 subjects found an improvement in skin elasticity & fine lines in 8 weeks
Science behind this product:
Rosehip Oil has been used for decades to treat skin scars /or wounds. This particular repair property is attributed to its high content of essential fatty and unsaturated acids, namely - linoleic acid (54%), linolenic acid (17%) and oleic acid (16%) between others. These essential fatty acids are basic components of the phospholipids in cell membranes, to which they provide permeability and elasticity. These acids also play an essential role in the stability and functioning of the skin barrier.
Rosehip oil is further rich in Vitamins, including Vitamin C and Vitamin A, making the oil a very potent antioxidant.
Because of such a composition, Rosehip Oil is used for skin brightening, reduction of hyperpigmentation, fading acne scars, wound healing and reducing fine lines.
This formulation is further boosted by a new generation, oil-soluble, Vitamin C derivative, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate. This derivative is proven to have 6-10 times more uptake than Ascorbic Acid in Fibroblast. It is also proven to increase collagen synthesis greater than twofold over Ascorbic Acid at the same dosage.
This variant is stable at high temperatures and has good solubility in oils. It exhibits excellent percutaneous absorption and effectively converts into free vitamin C in the skin to perform various physiological functions. It promotes skin brightening by inhibiting tyrosinase activity, reduces UV-induced cell / DNA damage, acts as antioxidant and prevents lipid peroxidation and skin aging, and lastly reverses signs of aging by boosting collagen synthesis and collagen protection.
This product is safe for all skin types and is non-comedogenic.
- Use PM. Use as the last step in your skincare routine, i.e. after cleansing, toning, treatments (through all the skin serums you may be using) and moisturizer. Take 2-3 drops of the oil and massage it in. Leave overnight.
Rosa Canina (Cold Pressed Rosehip) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate
1. Does it help with skin brightening?
Yes, both the ingredients in the formulation (Rosehip Oil and VC-IP) are proven to brighten skin.
2. At what age can this be used?
This product can be safely used over the age of 16 years.