Sepicalm 3% + Oat Moisturizer
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 50ml
Skin soothing, light moisturization
What it is: A lightweight moisturizer that hydrates, soothes, and softens skin, without oily, shiny or heavy residual feel. Perfect blend of hydrators, emollients and occlusives for all day moisturization. Suitable for Normal, Acne-Prone & Sensitive Skin.
Why it's awesome:
- Formulated for Normal & Oily Skin in mind, this moisturizer is super light weight, absorbs quickly and does not gives a shiny finish
- Boosted with Sepicalm which combines Amino Acids with Minerals to soothe irritations and calms redness caused by UVA / UVB and comforts skin
- Polyglutamic acid for skin hydration. It's a new generation hydration molecule which can hold 4 times more water than Hyaluronic Acid and reduces transepidermal water loss as well at the same time
- Also contains Oat extract, Colloidal Oat, Squalane, Vitamin B5 and Amino acid to further nourish & calm skin
- High quality ingredients including Sepicalm sourced from Seppic, France and Squalane sourced from Sophim, France
This product is:
pH: 5.0 - 6.0
Science behind this product:
A good moisturizer primarily consist of 3 components - 1. Humectants / Hydrators, 2. Emollients, and 3. Occlusives.
Humectants ensure your skin gets the boost of hydration, hence reducing dryness. Emollients moisturize the skin and reduce itching and flaking. Lastly, Occlusives reduce transepidermal water loss (TEWL) hence holding the moisture inside.
This moisturizer contains an optimum blend of all these humectants - Sodium Polyglutamate (holds 4 times more water than hyaluronic acid), Vitamin B5, Xylitylglucoside, Glycerine and Amino acids to hydrate skin from within. Squalane and Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride as emollients for long term moisturization, soft & supple skin, without making skin oily.
It also contains Shea Butter which is an excellent occlusive and locks the moisture inside our skin.
The product is infused with 3% Sepicalm, which combines amino acids (building blocks of proteins) with minerals (Magnesium & Potassium) to soothe the irritation, calm the redness, and relieve the stinging sensation. It's tested to reduce redness after UV stress by about 25% and -90% reduction of stinging intensity of Lactic Acid within 1 minute. Performance of Sepicalm is further boosted by adding Oat in 2 forms; Oat Extract and Colloidal Oat to further calm the skin.
These properties make this moisturizer suitable for all skin types and especially suitable for normal to oily skin or sensitized & irritated skin.
- Use after cleansing, toning and applying all serums. Take sufficient quantity of product and massage into face and neck. Layer with sunscreen in AM.
- Use it in the morning (AM) and evening (PM).
- While it's a light moisturizer with no known side effects, we still recommend patch test before using the product.
Aqua, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Squalane, Glycerine, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Sodium Cocoyl Aminoacids, Sarcosine, Potassium Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Avena Sativa (Oat Kernel) Flour, Sodium Polyglutamate, Undecane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopherol Acetate, Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Histidine, Sodium Lactate, Arachidyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Tridecane, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Trehalose, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate
1. Is this face moisturizer good for oily skin?
Yes. We have formulated this product to offer all day moisturization without making skin oily or shiny. It has a perfect balance of humectants, emollients and occlusives that hydrate and moisturize your skin without making it oily. Also, it is a lightweight non-comedogenic formula that quickly absorbs into your skin.
2. Is face moisturizer necessary for both dry and oily skin types?
Yes, face moisturizer is required by both dry and oily skin types. Oil is not the same as hydration. When an oily skin is dehydrated or lacks moisture it produces more oil to counter that so it is important to hydrate and moisturize oily skin to avoid excess oil.
Also, when you include active ingredients into your routine such as Retinol, Niacinamide, exfoliants you need to include moisturizer into your routine to avoid dryness and balance skin moisture. Minimalist 3% Sepicalm + Oat moisturizer additionally soothes skin and improves skin barrier.
3. Is this moisturizer non-comedogenic?
Yes, this moisturizer is non-comedogenic (does not clog pores). It does not contain any ingredient that can clog your pores and is thus suitable for acne prone or oily skin.
4. What is the recommended age to use this moisturizer?
This moisturizer can be used by anyone above 16+ years of age. All the ingredients used in this face moisturizer are safe.
5. Is this face moisturizer good for sensitive or acne prone skin?
Yes, it is specially formulated keeping sensitive or acne prone skin in mind. The product is infused with 3% Sepicalm, which combines amino acids (building blocks of proteins) with minerals (Magnesium & Potassium) to soothe the irritation, calm the redness, and relieve the stinging sensation. It also contains Colloidal Oat & Oat Extract which is scientifically proven to soothe skin and reduce inflammation. It is non-comedogenic thus making it suitable for acne prone skin as well.
6. When (AM or PM) and how much face moisturizer is good for skin?
You can apply this 2 times a day, in morning and night. In morning (AM) take quantity sufficient for your face and neck and apply after all your serums and follow it up with your sunscreen. At night (PM) apply it after all of your active serums as the last step.
7. Can men use this moisturizer?
Yes, this face moisturizer is suitable for both men and women.
8. Is this face moisturizer fungal acne safe?
Based on available researches in this field, yes. We have carefully selected ingredients to ensure the product is acne safe. Two ingredients around which we got most questions are Glycerin & Shea Butter. Glycerin is known to be safe & not contribute in growth of Malassezia (Ref: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF02141109). For Shea Butter, there are no studies on it’s role in fungal acne or activity of Malassezia, but there are few studies that claim Shea Butter to have fungistatic activities and some where use of shea butter reduced Seborrheic dermatitis, which again is caused by Malassezia (Ref: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3100109/). However, if you are facing persistent fungal acne, please consult your dermatologist before using the product.
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
Moisturizes well, can feel heavy on oily skin.
It is a good moisturizer for oily skin. But my combination skin is becoming drier and drier.
But heavy for summers
Sepicalm 3% + Oat Moisturizer