SPF 60 + Silymarin
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 50g
Broad spectrum SPF 60, PA++++
What it is: An antioxidant-rich SPF, that is light-as-air and provides overall protection from UV through most modern filters. It applies invisibly on all skin tones and does not pill or leave a nasty white cast. It is reef safe and free of OMC, Benzophenone / Oxybenzone, and Homosalate. A broad spectrum SPF 60 with PA++++ rating.
Why it's awesome:
- Combination of new-age, highly-effective, photostable filters - Tinosorb S, Uvinul A Plus, & Uvinul T 150. These are further boosted by Titanium Dioxide
- Infused with anti-oxidant, Silymarin. A strong free radical scavenger, and it reduces inflammation and photodamages in the skin after UV irradiation
- Thoroughly tested by an independent lab and confirmed SPF of 60 was obtained
- It is Photostable, Pregnancy Safe, Acne Safe sunscreen
- It spreads easily like a lightweight moisturiser and does not leave behind unwated residue or heavy feeling or any white cast
- The primary filters are sourced from BASF, Germany
pH: 6.0 - 7.0
In-vitro study results:
- In tests conducted using COLIPA guidelines, 2011 (European guidelines) using UV 2000S Ultraviolet Transmittance Analyzer, this sunscreen obtained an SPF value of 69.65
- PA rating of ++++ was obtained
- Critical wavelength of 375 was noted
Science behind this product:
Sunlight that reaches earth’s surface is comprised of three wavelength components, namely Ultraviolet (UVR), Visible (VIS), and Infrared (IR) radiation. Approximately 6% of the solar spectrum is UVR (200 - 400 nm), 52% is visible light (400 - 760 nm), and the remaining 42% is IR (760 - 10^6 nm).
Fortunately, the most energetic form of UVR, UVC (100 - 280 nm) does not reach ground level because it is effectively absorbed by the stratospheric ozone layer. Of the UVR that impinges upon skin’s surface, about 5% comprises UVB and 95% comprises UVA. UV within 280 nm - 400 nm induces photo damage including sunburn, pigmentation, wrinkle formation, and cancer.
UVB radiation is biologically active and is partially filtered by the ozone layer. It penetrates the superficial layers of the skin, down to the basal layer of the epidermis, where it generates harmful reactive oxygen species (ROS), resulting in inflammation, sunburn and skin ageing.
UVA, on the other hand, has lower energy than UVB, but is present in larger amounts. UVA radiation (315 - 400 nm) penetrates deeper in the skin, and reaches the dermis. UVA generates ROS that alter proteins, lipids and DNA.
Sunscreen helps by reducing exposure to UVR, specifically UVB and UVA, primarily from the sun. To prevent sunburns and protect the skin from serious damage, sunscreens must meet certain criteria. They should be photostable, dissipate the absorbed light energy through photophysical and photochemical pathways without the formation of harmful reactive intermediates, and should be well tolerated.
This sunscreen contains 4 filters, namely, Tinosorb S, Uvinul A Plus, Uvinul T 150 and Titanium Dioxide.
- Tinosorb S is a new-age, highly effective, organic, oil based broad-spectrum UVA and UVB filter and it helps to prevent long term skin damage.
- Uvinul A Plus Another modern filter from BASF’s (Germany) portfolio, Uvinul A Plus not only reliably filters the sun’s dangerous UVA rays, but also provides outstanding protection from free radicals and skin damage.
- Uvinul T 150 is a highly effective UVB filter with exceptionally high absorptivity
Titanium Dioxide is a popular mineral UV filter, that always boosts the efficacy of chemical UV filters when used in synergy together.
Silybum Marianum Fruit Extract (Silymarin) belongs to the range of highly purified flavonoids extracted from the fruits of milk thistle. It is a strong anti-oxidant, a strong free radical scavenger, and it reduces inflammation and photodamages in the skin after UV irradiation. Silymarin offers a powerful shield against urban environmental stress. Silymarin exhibits radical scavenging activity, anti-collagenase, anti-elastase and anti-hyaluronidase activity.
SPF test report:
- Use AM. Apply on cleansed face after all your serums and moisturisers. Apply generously & evenly on your face and neck.
- Apply sunscreen at least 15 minutes before sun exposure. For added protection, reapply in case of continued sun exposure, swimming, perspiring or towel drying.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
Aqua, Isododecane, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Diisopropyl Adipate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Arachidyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Titanium Dioxide, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Silybum Marianum Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol Acetate, Silica, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Acacia Gum, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate
1. Does this sunscreen leave a white cast?
No. It does not leave any white cast or unwanted residue behind, after application.
2. Is it safe for all skin types?
Yes. This is a light-weight sunscreen suitable for all skin types.
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
Makes me sweat both indoors and outdoors. Worse part is that I suffered breakouts after using this product for about a week now. A BIG NO for oily skin people especially living in humid regions.
Oily & acne prone skin type is used this sunscreen SPF 60...this product is acquired by white cast and oil produced.. please tell me...
Adding points to my feedback
I too happy as it is safe for lactating and pregnant women
No white cast
No dull look
Even if I take too much of sunscreen that easily blends in my skin
If it is sweat and water resistant I would be more happy but I love this product
Gives matter finish too ❤
I have tried so many ways to apply this sunscreen so that it doesn't pill,but its of no use!
1. After applying minimalist vit c serum, i wait for 10 minutes then apply this sunscreen,still it pills...almost rubs off!
2. Tried applying only a moisturizer,waited for 10 mins, applied the sunscreen....still pilling!
3. Applied the sunscreen on its own without any serum or moisturizer, the first layer went on pretty smoothly, the second layer started pilling again.
Basically you cannot apply too much of this product or a thick layer of this. It will pill like anything. So the measure of 2 finger application or 1/4 tsp application is of no use coz this much amount leads to pilling.