fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 30ml
Superior, lightweight moisturisation
What it is: A very lightweight moisturiser that naturally seal in moisture and significantly reduces trans-epidermal water loss in cases wherein the skin barrier is disrupted. Non-sticky and non-comedogenic.
Why it's awesome:
- 100% lightweight Squalane sourced from olive oil. It prevents transepidermal water loss, restores suppleness and elasticity of skin
- Promotes faster restoration of the skin barrier function. Proven to significantly improve skin elasticity, firmness & moisturization after just 28 days of usage
- This pure squalane is sourced from Sophim, France who are leaders in production of vegetable Squalane. This product is Ecocert approved.
This product is:
Science behind this product:
Squalene (C30H50) is a major component of human sebum and the hydrolipid film. Squalene plays a key role in healthy appearance of our skin and is also responsible for the overall integrity of our skin. As we age, the production of natural Squalene reduces starts to reduce for most of us. That is one of the reason why we see loss of elasticity & dryness as we age.
Squalene can also be found in plants/vegetables (like olives) and in sharks. But squalene is an unstable compound because of the insaturation of its carbonated chain. That's why squalene is converted to squalane by hydrogenation (the process wherein the carbon chain is saturated). This results in a very stable molecule, without loss of squalene's benefits.
Squalane has excellent spreadability and skin absorption, making is an ideal skin moisturizer. It prevents water loss and restores skin suppleness. Its soft, silky, non-greasy touch, and its stability makes this a popular ingredient.
- Apply few drops after cleansing, toning and all other water based serums that you may be using. Spread over your face as a moisturizer. This is a very light-weight product and will get absorbed in the skin rapidly without leaving any residual feel.
- It can be applied in the morning (AM) and evening(PM).
- While it's a natural product with no known side effects, we still recommend patch test before using the product.
Squalane (Vegetable squalane from Olive)
1. What is squalane made of?
Squalane can be produced naturally (via plants & vegetables like olives), or via livers of sharks. Shark squalene, however, is mostly used for pharmaceutical products & vaccines. The squalane used in our product is 100% natural and is derived from olives.
2. What does squalane do to your skin?
Squalane is a very light-weight moisturizer and mimics natural squalene produced by our body. Hence it has a strong affinity to our skin. Squalane penetrates pores (without clogging them) and improves skin moisture, elasticity and firmness of the skin.
3. Can squalane replace moisturizer?
Squalane promotes faster restoration of the skin barrier function, hence continued use results in reduction of trans-epidermal loss. If you have combination or oily skin, you can try replacing your moisturizer with squalane as it squalane does not clog pores. However, if you have dry, normal skin, you can layer squalane with a light-weight moisturizer to maximum benefits.
4. Does squalane offers anti-aging benefits?
Yes, there has been studies that prove squalane improves skin barrier function, which in turn results in improved firmness & elasticity of the skin. While it's not a replacement to anti-aging products like Retinol / Retinoid, it can be used along with Hyaluronic Acid if you have very fine lines & do not wish to include retinols in your regimen.
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
It's awesome...everybody used to praise this but then also I am surprised how can be this product so perfect...go for it...for every skin type it's suitable...you will never regret if you buy this
The packaging could be improved. The dropper is not sturdy which sometimes causes wastage or excessive use of the product. The product helps to mildly moisturizer the skin and gives a glow.
I have been suffering from hormonal acne for quite a while now but in the last 6-8 my skin has improved dramatically using niacinamide and salicylic acid along with squalane. These products along with a clean diet have transformed my skin. I have been using the acne prone skin regime by minimalist for a month now and I havent experienced even a single breakout !!! thank you so much for such an amazing skin care collection and I hope everyone gets a chance to reap its benefits