Tranexamic 3% + HPA
fragrance free • non-comedogenic • 30ml
Reduces Melasma, PIE, PIH & Scars
What it is: A powerful serum to effectively diminish the appearance of Melasma, PIE, PIH, and hyperpigmentation. With the power of 3% Tranexamic Acid and 1% Hydroxyphenoxy Propionic Acid which inhibits melanin transfer with great efficacy and prevents UVB damage
Why it's awesome:
- Made with 3% Tranexamic Acid, which is a derivative of the amino acid lysine. It reduces the activity of melanocyte tyrosinase thereby treating melasma, UV-induced hyperpigmentation, and other post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Contains 1% HPA (Hydroxyphenoxy Propionic Acid), which is proven to prevent melanogenesis better than ascorbyl glucoside, kojic acid, and arbutin. It also has equivalent efficacy to hydroquinone without cytotoxicity. The formula further contains 3% Mandelic Acid which gently exfoliates & further reduces post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (like acne scars)
- Our source for HPA is Radianskin, which is a high performance active developed by BASF, Germany
Has Mandelic Acid
Reduces PIH, PIE
pH: 3.8 - 4.8
Consumer testing results:
- 8 out of 10 subjects saw an improvement in post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation in 6 weeks
- 9 out of 10 subjects found reduction in melasma in 8 weeks
- 8 out of 10 subjects found an improvement in skin tone & clarity in 6 weeks
Science behind this product:
Tranexamic acid is a new generation molecule that inhibits melanin synthesis by interfering with the interaction between melanocytes and keratinocyte through inhibition of plasminogen/plasmin system. External skin disruptors, such as UV light or injuries (like acne), cause the keratinocytes in our skin to produce plasminogen, that further start several processes like inflammation, increased tyrosinase activity, melanocyte differentiation, and transfer of melanosomes to upper skin layers. Tranexamic acid decelerates these processes by interfering with plasmin activity, and hence in turn, indirectly inhibiting melanogenesis. Studies have shown that Tranexamic acid, when applied topically, shows results similar to Hydroquinone in reduction of hyperpigmentation. It is also one of the most proven ingredient for treatment of Melasma.
Hydroxyphenoxy Propionic Acid (Radianskin) complements Tranexamic Acid as it has an innovative mechanism blocking the release of melanin by the melanocytes, an alternative to the inhibition of tyrosinase. HPA reduces melanogenesis by up to 86% and shows a greater depigmenting effect than ascorbyl glucoside, kojic acid and arbutin, and equivalent efficacy to hydroquinone without cytotoxicity.
The formula also contains exfoliating acids like Mandelic Acid (3%) and Salicylic Acid (0.3%) which gently remove the dead cells from the top of the skin, boosting the performance of Tranexamic Acid and Hydroxyphenoxy Propionic Acid, hence accelerating the reduction of hyperpigmentation and melasma.
- Use PM. After cleansing and toning your face, take 2-3 drops of this serum on your fingertips with a dropper. Apply it on the face by gently tapping it on the skin. With a circular motion, evenly spread the serum and allow your skin to absorb it
- While using this product, use of sunscreen (SPF 30 or above) is highly recommended
Aqua, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Tranexamic Acid, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Mandelic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Methylpropanediol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Hydroxyphenoxy Propionic Acid, Sodium Polyglutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethoxydiglycol, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Sclerotium Gum, Pullulan, Ethylhexylglycerin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate
1. Does it help with hyperpigmentation?
Yes, Tranexamic Acid has been shown to reduce hyperpigmentation. Our formula also contains Hydroxyphenoxy Propionic Acid which has been studied & found to reduce melanogenesis by up to 86%.
2. How long can it take to show results?
You can expect to start seeing results in 6 to 8 weeks. But every skin is different and the way an active works on a particular skin may not work the same way on another skin. Please be consistent with the usage and use sun protection for ensuring you get desired results.
3. What is the concentration of actives in this product?
This formula contains 3% Tranexamic Acid, 3% Mandelic Acid, 1% HPA and 0.3% Salicylic Acid.
4. How do I know if I have PIH or PIE?
While they may sound similar, PIH and PIE are different. PIH or Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation represent pigmented (brown or black) spots caused by an inflammatory reaction, resulting in overproduction of melanin. A typical example is brown marks left after acne. PIE or Post-Inflammatory Erythema refers to the red / dark red marks left behind after inflammation (like acne). This happens because the capillaries near the skin surface gets damaged by the inflammation, which results in small red marks. So PIH is pigmented and looks brown / dark brown in color and PIE looks like a clogged blood inside the skin and looks red/ dark red in color.
5. What's the right age to start using this product?
This product is suitable to be used after 18 years of age.
6. Can it be used during pregnancy?
While this is a safe product and does not contain ingredients that are cytotoxic, we recommend you to consult your doctor before using this during pregnancy. This applies for other anti-pigmentation products at large.
7. Can I layer it with Alpha Arbutin?
It would not be necessary. HPA used in this product and Alpha Arbutin both are shown to have similar impact on hyperpigmentation. Using both of these together would not give you multiplied results. If you are looking to boost your glow and even skin tone, use this in combination with our Vitaminc C 10% + AG.
Other products you may like
What our users say about us:
It's hard to believe that one Indian start-up is matching international quality standards. You guys are doing an amazing job. The serum is working great for my mom and showing good results. Her pigmentation is improving. Keep up the good work guys. Waiting for a tinted mineral sunscreen though.
It didn't suit me . I never had such a horrible acne before. It's not for everyone. I wish something better was suggested to me by the skin expert.
I've been using this serum for about 15 days now. I can definitely see a gradual reduction of black spots and acne scars on my face. No irritation or inflammation experienced so far. Reduced oiliness in the t-zone. My only complain is that, it balls up a little when I layer it off with a moisturizer.
I am suffering from melasma. Light patches on nose and cheeks. I have used too many different products but never satisfied with result.
I am an avid user of ordinary products. Been using them for 2 years now. I own 3 of their vitamin c ranges. Some of them worked well but I felt like my skincare needed some change to it. I went ahead and bought this. Honestly. It’s amazing! It’s more moisturising than the ordinary serum and gives you an instant glow. The skin on the sides of my mouth was peeling a little bit, the morning after but it’s all good. I had no breakouts or irritation when I used this product.